This #WorshipWednesday Karen shares with us the benefits of knowing God as our Father …
All that we know of genuine human fatherhood at its best, is a pale reflection of what God the Father is like, first to his Son and then to all who are saved and become his spiritual children. If God is really father to you, you can rest in the security of his companionship and the reality of his presence. By his grace, as saved believers we can call God father and have the benefits of knowing God.
What are the benefits of knowing God as Father?
1) Intimacy. We can call Him, Abba Father. If we love Him, He will make His home with us (John 14:23).
2) Generosity. If you know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your heavenly Father give good gifts to His children (Matthew 7:11).
3) Security. Your father knows and cares for you (Matthew 6:8; 1 Peter 5:7).
4) Destiny. We have an inheritance in Him (Ephesians 1:11; 1 Peter 1:4).
5) Identity. We are in Him, united with Him, joint heirs with His Son (Romans 8:17).
If God is really father to you, you can rest in the security of his companionship and the reality of his presence! We do not come to know Him by our crossing the boundary to come to him, but on account of His crossing the boundary to us (Luke 10:22; John 6:44).
When we come to the point of believing in him through repentance and faith in Christ, then he is truly our father.