Mission Accomplished!

Sorry for the delay – I have been trying to send a video via Matt without success then I’m afraid we got so  involved in chilling out I forgot to let you know we had reached our destination – South Haven Point at Poole Harbour – at 12.40 on Friday...

Continue reading

Last lap!

Well here we are at Swanage with just 7 miles to go – can’t believe our adventure is almost over. As is always the case with holidays, the second half has flown by so much faster than the first! As the end has approached, we have spent quite a lot...

Continue reading

How do you do that????

When we get chatting to folk along the way and they hear that we are doing the SW Coast Path using a campervan they usually respond in one of two ways – the idealists/romantics say “Ooooh, how lovely, that must make it so much easier!” whereas the realists say “But...

Continue reading

Still plodding on!

Hello, everyone. Just to let you know we are still plodding on despite the heatwave. It just means it is essential to make early starts, especially on days involving lots of climbs with little or no shade. We carry lots of water and aim to finish before the hottest part...

Continue reading

Storm force!!!

Well it had to happen sometime, but we never thought it would be quite so dramatic! For 4hrs last Monday we experienced torrential rain and wind gusting up to 50mph! Fortunately we had made a very early start and by the time the storm hit , totally unexpectedly, we were...

Continue reading

Comfort and company.

Hello again everyone. We have had quite varied experiences since our last post. Although we have done a lot of walking, forward progress has slowed for several reasons – firstly, lack of buses has meant we have had to walk several sections in both directions (i.e. After finishing a walk...

Continue reading

Five Weeks in!

Our last two postings seem to have gone astray, possibly due to weak wifi, also photos are not getting through, but never mind, here is an update on our progress after five weeks. The big news is that at 9.23 this morning we passed the half-way marker and amazingly we...

Continue reading

More blue skies!

Folk keep telling us how they got caught in heavy downpours, but we seem to be missing them all! My phone keeps flashing warnings of “95% chance of rain in next 15mins” but we somehow manage to stay within the other 5%!!!! More wonderful days’ walking, the new favourite being...

Continue reading